Search

Flying from JRO to NBO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying from JRO to NBO

Would anyone be able to tell me about flights between these two cities? Is it possible to fly from the Serengeti to JRO then NBO and still have some time in Nairobi to visit the Giraffe Center and Sheldrick, etc? The flight I'm looking at out of Nairobi leaves very early in the morning so we would defintely be there overnight.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 08:33 AM
sandi

You can certainly arrange to visit the Giraffe Center and the Karen Blixen Museum in the afternoon of your arrival in NBO. But the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage hours are at 11am, so even the following morning won't work for, not with an early homebound flight.

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Sandi, do you think it would be worth staying o/n in JRO and spending most of the day in NBO and then overnight there of course? I think I read on this forum (getting confused) that if you adopt an elephant you could visit it in the PM. I like the sound of adopting one.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 10:09 AM

That's what I was told by Sheldrick staff when we visited in February - that adoptive parents can visit between 5-6pm when they bring the babies in for the evening. We didn't have time so didn't go back. Between 11-12 is when they get their mudbath and bottle feeding and that hour is open to the public, so you won't get to see the mudbath/feeding part if you visit later. You should probably reconfirm all of this through your tour operator or perhaps email them directly.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
sandi

dreamseeker - Patty gave you the correct information, but you should reverify, as anything can change. Of course, you can adopt an ellee which would be much appreciated, but if you miss the morning then you miss "bath time." If you can't change your return flight, then start planning for a return visit to Kenya. I've been to NBO a number of times and this upcoming trip will be the first where my schedule allows for a bath-time visit.

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Bathtime!! How fun, must try to do this.