Search

Flying Doctors website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 06:36 PM
k
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Doctors website

For those of you looking for the Flying doctors website and information, this is it:
http://www.amref.org/default.htm
It is now listed as the African Medical & research foundation. All membership info is on the site.
By the way, we're leaving for Kenya and Tanzania on Sunday with or without warnings. The embassy is now open for what it is worth.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:35 PM
LizFrazier

How thrilling! I wish our trip would be here. What airline are you flying? Are you from the U.S. or somplace else? I ask because you must not have British Airways tickets as we do. Liz

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 04:42 AM

k: Have a fantastic trip!!! Wish I was going with you ....
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 10:05 AM
k
Original Poster

We are flying Northwest/KLM via Amsterdam. We're from cheese & beer country, good old Wisconsin USA. We're doing 2Afrika's Grand combo. Just can't wait. thanks to all for all your help, suggestions and support!
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:38 AM
LizFrazier

We're going NWA/KLM on our Feb. 2004 trip to Tanzania. Wish we were using them for the Sept. trip. But free was a very good price, so AA/BA obliged. Well, at least they issued us tickets, whether they are any good remains to be seen.

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:43 AM
LizFrazier

How absolutely thoughtless of me.

K-Have a wonderful trip. You are travelling with my favorite site. I have never planned or taken a trip with them. I just think the prices are fabulous and the best deal I've seen on all of my searches. Please post upon your return because I think it will assure other travellers what an opportunity is there and how wonderful a group travel experience it is. Liz

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 02:12 PM

Re. the Flying Doctors. Prior to my trip in January I wrote them an e-mail telling them what day I was arriving and at what hotel I was staying in Nairobi. They also want to know your blood type to be sure to have blood on hand in case you need it.

They were most accomodating and sent a messenger to my hotel with my Flying Doctor's membership card and to pick up the $25.00.

If you are at all hesitant at sending credit card numbers over the computer, this is the way to go.

Hopefully, none of us will ever need their services. However, when one is truly out in the bush and away from all medical care, the Flying Doctors are the only way to go.

Jan