Flights to South Africa

Nov 1st, 2010, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Flights to South Africa

Which is the best airline to fly to Johannesburg from London Heathrow and to return from Cape Town - either business class or premium economy?
Nov 1st, 2010, 08:51 AM

We flew South African Airways and service was great - direct flights so no luggage problems.
Nov 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM

British Airways has flat beds in business class from London to Johannesburg, and I think to/from Cape Town as well. Sleeping during that long flight is awfully nice.
Nov 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM

I'm flying Virgin in Upper to Cape Town and back from Jo'burg. I think all 3 airlines are very good, VS might be better with the entertainment and the bar service, it's quite nice to sit at the bar and have cocktails.
Nov 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM

I'd go with Virgin or BA - take a look at each of their schedules and see which suits. They both have good business class products - personally I prefer Virgin's as I find the entertainment system better and prefer their seat configuration. Both have flat beds in business class. Both have great lounges at LHR.

Both have a premium economy product. Again I'd go with VS on this one but there's not much in it.
Nov 2nd, 2010, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the info!
Nov 16th, 2010, 04:58 AM

Just returned a week ago from a visit to SA--flew in BA WT+. There should be a special circle in hell for whoever designed those hard seats!