Family vacation

Old Jan 3rd, 2020, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Family vacation

Hi all,
I'm thinking about doing a family vacation to south africa next december - kids will be 13 & 16. I really don't know anything about south africa but i thought it would be such an amazing once in a lifetime experience for all of us.
I would really appreciate any ideas or advice you have to share - would love to do a safari, see cape town, johannesburg...anything.
I'm in the very beginning stages of planning and not even sure what my budget is.
Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Old Jan 4th, 2020, 07:40 PM

We went to South Africa this year to visit Kruger National Park for a self-drive safari, which was pretty awesome and affordable. You can also join a tour if you like. There is camping and lodging available inside the park and a lot of hotels just outside the park. If this is of any interest to you the rest of our photos and all of the trip information are posted here.
https://www.mymola.com/drive-yoursel...-south-africa/

Zebras at Kruger National Park
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 06:34 AM

By all means do all the research you can, but if you could answer a couple of questions it would help us make some constructive suggestions.

1. Where are you coming from? This can make a significant difference in terms of managing jetlag, etc.

2. How many days - altogether - could you make available for this trip? South Africa is a big and incredibly diverse country, and while getting around is comparatively easy, things tend to be separated by considerable distances.

Happy planning!
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

We are coming from the NYC area and we could go for about 12 days. Thank you!