Elderhostel ; A unique Safari

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elderhostel ; A unique Safari

I was wondering if anyone has gone with Elderhostel on any of their africa trips.....or knows of anyone who has.......I've seen several postings for OAT , but none for Elderhostel ...I'd be interested in hearing some experiences as i have booked with them for a two-week trip to Kenya......thanks
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 11:23 AM

I recall your post from before and you mentioned they use a local ground operator. If you can find out who that ground operator is, then there may be people that have gone with them.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 11:46 AM

I checked out the Elderhostel website and found this:

Arrivals Nairobi, 2 nights; safari van to Amboseli National Park, 3 nights; flight and safari van to Lake Nakuru National Park, 3 nights; safari vehicle and flight to Maasai Mara, 3 nights; fly to Nairobi, departures. Note: Programs in 2007 spend one night in Nairobi, two nights in Lake Nakuru National Park, and two nights in Sweetwaters Game Reserve. That 2007 change is a good one.

The properties on the website match the ones you stated in a different post and those are good.

Putting the itinerary and the properties together, it will be a wonderful trip. Elderhostel is reputable so there should not be problems with reliability.

The Elderhostel people might be able to put you in contact with past participants so you could chat. Id be sure to check that everyone gets a window in the vehicles.

To see what people thought of each park you will be visiting or even the particular properties, you could check out the East Africa Index, prepared by LyndaS. You can search for key terms in that report.
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34860283

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

to atravelynn,

Thanks for your input ....i found a woman on the Elderhostel board who was scheduled for this trip for January...( as we speak) i will contact her when her tour returns.......i guess i can ask away!!!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

the name of the travel group in Kenya is Nature Expeditions Africa Ltd.....I will post a question about this tour group
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 04:48 AM

Going on the Encountering Kenya: A Unique Safari with Elderhostel on 11 Oct. The travel agency they are using from the States is http://www.holbrooktravel.com. What date are you going? Sounds like we are going on the same trip. I am so EXCITED!