El Al

Nov 21st, 2003, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

El Al

I'm flying to Israel on El Al the end of December. What should i expect from a 777 and 744 coach class?
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:30 PM
sandi

If the plane is full "coach is coach".

But I find the 777 generally feels more spacious. But alot has to do with how the seats are configured. Call El Al and find out whether the planes are configured 2-5-2, or 3-4-3, or whatever.

Personally, and I've expressed this before, my only concern is "that the plane takes off, and it lands" - everything else is a bonus!

Dec 2nd, 2003, 08:00 AM

as a seasoned traveler and aviation expert I personally feel like B777 hardly compares with the Airbus(es)from a (coach) passenger standpoint. This said try to avoid the 2-5-2 config by all means or if you have no choice seek aisle seat on the window side.
Enjoy your flight.
Dec 3rd, 2003, 07:17 PM

The B777 is just more comfortable, less noisy, more spacious inside and more modern than the 747.

BUT, really, does all that matter? You booked a flight, you'll get on whatever aircraft will be at the end of the tunnel...

So get yourself a good book, ear-plugs (which reduces the engine noise significantly!), watch a movie, drink lots of water, eat just a little, be calm, and make the best out of a long flight.
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:52 PM

So how was your flight?

Search this Thread