Search

Egypt Oasis Trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt Oasis Trip

My two girlfriends and myself are leaving for our "Egyptian Dream Trip" in a couple of weeks. (At least that's what we are calling it!) We have purchased our tour through Bella Vista Travel.

Part of our trip is an Oasis Tour by jeep for 3 days. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a company called AHMAD SAFARI CAMP AND HOTEL?

Our agent doesn't seem to know ANYTHING about the company that she has booked us with! We DO have a Zeroxed pamphlet, but it doesn't tell much at all. If anyone has ever actually booked with this company, we would love to hear from you.

Thanks so much!
Old Aug 29th, 2005, 12:38 PM

I ran Ahmad Safari Camp Hotel on the web & found that it was an economical, simple hotel for travelers & backpackers. Some of the rooms have bathrooms. There was a blog or two & no-one complained about it.

As for Bella Vista Travel, it's been mentioned here before. Run its name here & on the web & see what you get.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 01:07 AM

It sounds like a very basic and simple set up

You can see a room photo on the following link:
http://www.hat.net/album/middle_east...pt/005_hotels/

Old Aug 30th, 2005, 11:26 PM

I remembered that I have a great book by Cassandra Vivian which is titled "The Western Desert of Egypt" which was given to me by a desert guide. I found this description of Ahmad's Safari Camp & Hotel for you:

"This wonderful camp is located 3 kilometers outside town along the route to Darb Siwa, in a peaceful area called Tibniya. There are 21 rooms, 20 with baths, all with hot & cold water. The camp will accommodate 13 cars & they have use of the kitchen, free electic hookup, baths with hot & cold showers. There are huts for backpackers and people can pitch their own tents for a few pounds. Free transport offered to Bawiti all day. Free bikes are available. The hot spring is an authentic oases spring in a natural location."
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 01:48 AM

Have a great time. Sorry I haven't heard of your safari camp. We did one somewhere else, but the safari was my favorite part of our whole trip. The sunset and sunrise are the best.