Search

Egypt/Israel/Petra Trip. Need Help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2023, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt/Israel/Petra Trip. Need Help

Hello all,
Thank you for always being so awesome in providing quick tips.

We are a family of six (youngest 14 y old) planning to Fly into Cairo on Dec 22, 2023, and then fly out of Cairo for Washington on Jan 2nd or 3rd, 2024. In between we can book flights to Luxor and Tel Aviv/Jerusalem. Was hoping to buy a tour to Petra from Israel.

I will be immensely grateful if you could guide me to spend how many days in which place, in which sequence so I can get the AirBnB and flights booked accordingly. Feel free to direct me to a thread if this has already been discussed. Many thanks!e

Old Jul 19th, 2023, 11:23 PM

Hi Jonah,
Once you land in Israel, there is this company that can help you with tours to Petra from Eilat or Tel Aviv.
Feel free to drop some more specific questions here..
Old Jul 20th, 2023, 03:06 AM

You’re planning to travel to 3 countries in what will be 10 days of touring? And you want to return to Cairo to fly home? That seems very unrealistic to me. Each of the countries have a lot to offer but require more time than you have. I’d focus on just Egypt in the 10 days you have and that will be plenty. If you still need to visit another country, I’d add Jordan. And this will be a very busy time of year.

Have you looked at flights from Cairo to Israel? Nonstop flights are very costly. If you still want to travel to 2 countries, I’d consider flying into one and out the other. This would make more sense and would be easier to do.

Also, be aware that the weather patterns in each country are different. Luxor could be quite warm while Petra could have snow!

My husband and I were in Egypt and Jordan last year at the end of October through mid-November (see trip report here) and spent 17 days in Egypt and 9 days in Jordan and I feel like there’s so much more we want to see.

Last edited by progol; Jul 20th, 2023 at 03:47 AM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2023, 06:36 PM

Agree with progol that this is totally unrealistic. If you did have more days of travel such that you could realistically cover these 3 countries, it's silly to fly both in and out of Cairo. Backtracking wastes time and money. Fly into one country and out of a different country.
Old Sep 3rd, 2023, 11:45 PM

I agree with Lax_Esq & Progol. Egypt alone can easily fulfill a 10 days trip. You can visit so many places in Cairo itself, but you can as well venture to many other Cities in Egypt that is no less exciting such as Alexandria, Hurghada, Aswan, and so on. You won't get bored for sure while in Egypt. If you must visit two countries while there, Jordan might be an easy one, but Again in Jordan there is much more than just Petra. For Jordan, you should consider visiting Jarash, Wadi Run, Maeen Hotsprings, Dead Sea, & wadi Mowjab, and not to forget Amman the capital. Easy to fill 10 days in any of each of those countries. I would say three countries in 10 days will be hectic especially when each of them is vibrant and got lots to do.