EASY camera q. from a novice

Sep 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

EASY camera q. from a novice

I will be getting the upgrade to my Panny LUMIX TZ1 so I just sold it (w/o the memory card). I'd like to confirm that I can just take the memory card outta the TZ1 and put it into the TZ3, and all the existing pictures will be there-- I've no time to upload them now.
Thanks,
Jess
Sep 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Just make sure that you never confirm some message like "Formatting the card, ok?" after having inserted the card in the TZ3. In such a case, select "no" or "exit", remove the card and save its contents on some computer first.

What also could happen is that the TZ3 creates a new subdirectory (folder) for the images on the card with a different name than the TZ1 did. In such a case you wouldn't see any old TZ1 pictures in the TZ3's "play" mode, but the old TZ1 directory would still be there when the card is plugged into a card reader.
Sep 19th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks
J
Sep 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM

You will like the TZ3. I think it is a great "long zoom" point and shoot.
Sep 19th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

Good to hear that about the TZ3, Sevendown. I am not a photographer by nature or habit, and as a solo traveler, want to schlep as little as possible, but how can you go to Africa w/o a camera?
Sep 20th, 2007, 11:47 AM

I shopped for some time before settling on the TZ3. There are better cameras, to be sure (for me on safari I will shoot with my Nikon D200 DSLR), and probably better point and shoots, but the 10x zoom lens on the TZ3 (28-280mm equiv.) is what sold it for me as a point and shoot for safari.

And so far my experience is it takes pretty darn good pictures and is very easy to operate.

Search this Thread