Dumb Dumb about Doo Doo

Aug 25th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Dumb Dumb about Doo Doo

Ok, this may be a silly question (it won't be a first), however, if you cannot get out of the vehicle in a park, how do you approach the "call of nature" during a multiple hour game drive?
Aug 25th, 2005, 04:58 AM

Are you talking about a self-drive safari or a guided one?

On a guided one your guide/ driver can always stop the vehicle and let you out to go behind a tree or termite mound - keeping an eye out for predators.

On a self-drive you are strongly encouraged to make your way to the few-and-far-between toilet facilities but most of us will probably admit that in reality, you find somewhere with a good vantage point, have a REALLY good look all around you and get out, stay RIGHT near the car, have your companion keeping continuous eye out, do your business and move on.
Aug 25th, 2005, 05:01 AM
sandi

Your guide/driver will find a location - behind a bush, or the like - where you can take care of whatever nature demands. He'll make sure there are no surprises around. Just remember not to leave toilet tissue on the ground... dig a whole into which to place and recover the area. Or place in a small plastic baggie and dispose of when you return to lodge/camp.

Aug 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM

Hmm, I too wondered about this. My older brother and SIL are going to Africa next year and my younger brother and I were thinking about this very thing. I was thinking pants down, cold nose..."oh, silly, not now honey".
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:00 AM
benidormaardvark

The best option is doing your business behind the rear of the safari vehicle. Your fellow travelers won't see you there, so you have your privacy - and it's much more secure than behind a bush and termite mound where your driver/guide can't see what's happening.

Aug 25th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Like the handle.

Search this Thread