Daily Wildlife Reports...

May 6th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Original Poster

Daily Wildlife Reports...

Check out this link for daily wildlife reports from www.allafrica.com

http://allafrica.com/wildlife/

There are just countless recent articles. Great way to stay in tune with what is happening in your favorite regions.
May 6th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Blacktie

Rocco, your plans for this year - going to Africa?

May 6th, 2004, 06:38 AM

Excellent link Roccco.

The Zambian Time article discussing the attacks on fishermman by crocs and hippos really brought out some of the complexities in efforts to both sustain and protect wildlife, while maintaining safe and economically viable conditions for the area's residents. In this case $$ to purchase "safe" fishing boats would go a long way for both.
May 6th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Blacktie,

Oh, yeah, I am definitely going to Africa!!

Two weeks from today I leave for Italy, spending 10 nights on an Insight Tour with some other family members, before my wife and I take off for an 11 night Zambian safari. My time in Zambia will feature seven nights in South Luangwa, and four nights in the Lower Zambezi.

Here are my camps:

SOUTH LUANGWA

www.kaingo.com
Kaingo (2)
Mwamba (2) (Kaingo's sister bushcamp)

www.star-of-africa.com
Puku Ridge (2)
Chichele Presidential Lodge (1)

LOWER ZAMBEZI

www.star-of-africa.com
Kulefu Tented Camp (4)

This will be the longest time that I have spent in the bush, and the first time that I have neglected to spend any time in South Africa. While I am flying in and out of Johannesburg, I am never stepping foot outside the airport.

If you have not yet been to South Luangwa, it is really a beautiful place. I was just there last year and had a great time. Prices, even at the very best game lodges, are about half the price as South African lodges, although I do hope to get back to South Africa next year, as I love South Africa, as well.
May 6th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Blacktie

Great plans, Rocco. Will look forward to your posts. We're back in Botswana this year, three lodges, two weeks. SA will have to wait this time - will see JNB on the way to Maun, and back, and that's it. But would love to make a third trip to Phinda. Have a great day!

Search this Thread