Search

Cricket South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cricket South Africa

Since it is an Africa forum, I guess this thread is relevant now.

How impressive have SA been? WOW!!!

That and combined with the Aussies losing the swagger. Their bowling was exposed when they came to India and now SA is doing to the same.

SA and India battling for that #1 spot?

Happy New Year!!!

Hari
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 03:05 AM

HariS,

The cricket is being played at an hour equivalent to 01h00 - 09h00 SA time. It is so thrilling that I cannot but watch it live and furthermore because it is so exciting I have difficulty sleeping during the morning. 8-)

You are so right. Oz has lost its swagger and it is quite painful to watch how badly they are taking their losses :-&lt;. Hari how about our man JP Duminy? I think he is <b>HOT HOT HOT</b>.

Hari's we would be on opposite sides of the wicket if the 2 best sides in world were playing each other right now viz. India and SA This would have been the clash of the present day titans however there are no tests planned between these 2 countries within the next 24 months. Pity. :'(

My apologies to Fodorites for posting this in response to the Hari's cricket mail on the Africa travel forum however for those of you visiting SA soon you will find that the country is going through a cricket frenzy right now due to the wonderful success of our team, the Proteas. Also watch my travel advice on this page carefully for the next 10 days because with 3 hours of sleep a day some answers could be rather wobbly.

Anyway we still have 1.5 test matches to go in Oz and anything can happen so lets not count chickens as yet even though we are leading the race comfortably.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Old Dec 28th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

JP Duminy was superb! Batted like he's had over 100 tests and was calm and cool....

True - the Aussies are known for their determination and grit, but, it's hard to come back from that Duminy-Steyn partnership.

Also, another SA connection - India's coach Gary Kirsten is another hero over here!!!
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM

HariS,

You might like this comment that appeared in our newspaper this morning (Melbourne, 8am, 29 Dec)but my husband who is currently at the cricket certainly did not!

Peter Roebuck &quot; Nothing in the recent patchy performances of the national team prepared an incredulous crowd for the calamity they witnessed... For Australia it was not merely a bad day, it was a cricketing disaster.&quot;

Enjoy,
Marilyn
Old Dec 29th, 2008, 01:01 AM

South Africa has been humiliated by Australia enough times in the past. However, its not over. (yet) 153 runs to go. I wonder what the turn out will be for tomorrow.

India are undoubtedly the ones who demand the most respect in the sport.
Old Dec 29th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Original Poster

Hi Marilyn,

Unfortunately, they look like they miss McGrath and Warne a little too much. Recently, in India they struggled a bit too much -
Agree, the Aussies can fight back - like they often do and it's not over yet.

I'll have to root for Hayden and Hussey - they are Chennai superkings

Regards
Hari
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Alas, there was no fightback!!!

Old Dec 30th, 2008, 06:40 AM

Way to go SA, way to go!

Old Dec 31st, 2008, 06:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
selwyn,

no need to apologise for responding to Hari's thread - it's not only South africans who are pleased to see the aussies getting some of their own treatment. in the nicest possible way, of course.

anyone want to take a bet on england carrying on what SA have started? [ashes 2009 in england]

regards, ann
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 03:02 PM

Another proud moment...!
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

I actually think the England bowling is one of the best suited for Tests. Lots of variety. They almost won in Chennai - unfortunately, they ran into Tendulkar at his very best.