Clothes for Egypt?

Jan 27th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Original Poster

Clothes for Egypt?

How cold can I expect it in Feb.? We start and end in Cairo and have a 5 day cruise. I don't want to pack alot of heavy stuff, but I don't want to be cold for two weeks.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Jan 28th, 2006, 08:58 AM

I was in Egypt the first two weeks of March 2002. It was quite warm, even hot (100 degrees plus in a place or two.) I don't think you will find it much cooler in February, but I may be mistaken.

ShayTay
Jan 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM
sandi

Cairo may be chilly at night, as well on you Nile Cruise. The days should be mild in CAI, though hotter in Abu Simble, Aswan and Luxor. Days can reach into the 100s, but the temps can actually drop 30-degrees at nite while on the Nile cruise boat.

As with travel most anywhere, it's a good idea to have a light weight jacket or a shawl for evenings.

There are plenty of threads on this board about clothing for Egypt. A seach will find them for you.

Jan 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM

I've been to Egypt in February and done the Nile Cruise then. The secret is layer, layer, layer. Wear layers that you can peel off as the day goes on and put back on at night. It gets cooler than you may think, especially at night. It's 55 degrees F in Luxor right now. Do take a light jacket, not just a windbreaker.
Feb 5th, 2006, 02:40 PM

Just back last weekend from 12 days in Egypt. Keep in mind we're from Canada, but we found the weather perfect for light long sleeve shirts with the odd day requiring a light hoody overtop while in Cairo. The weather down in Aswan and Luxor was gorgeous and we wore shorts and t-shirts while on the cruise. I envy you, it was so incredible you're sure to have a fabulous time!

Search this Thread