Chitwa Chitwa

Jun 4th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Chitwa Chitwa

OK, we have finally made our decision and we want to stay at Chitwa Chitwa. Has anyone stayed here? Do you have any feedback, good or bad?

Thanks,
Jenny
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:47 AM

Jenny,

I had a couple who travelled with me last year who stayed at Chitwa Chitwa. He is a professor at a Boston University. Both he and his wife could not stop raving about Chitwa. Because he has annual leture duties in SA he is coming back to our country in October excepting that this time round he is bringing his children with too - Guess where they are going on safari?? Yup you and him might be at the same game farm at the same time.

Have fun as I understand it is a great ride at this venue.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]
Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Jun 4th, 2003, 05:51 AM

You may have already seen this but here is a nice map of the Sabi Sand Reserve:

http://sabi.krugerpark.co.za/sabi-sands-map.html

My only concern with Chitwa Chitwa is that it seems right on the border of the reserve. This may or may not take away the feel of being way out in the bush.

I will not be too far away while I am at Djuma Vuyatela in two weeks and also closeby is Simbambili.

Chitwa Chitwa looks very nice, however, and they appear to have sufficient land to sustain very nice game drives.

I don't know how much the discounted rates are for Chitwa Chitwa. I saw rates for Chitwa Chitwa Bush Camp Luxury Suites for 2,800 ZAR per person per night sharing.

I got Djuma Vuyatela for 2,013ZAR pp per night from www.attractiveafrica.com, and like Singita, Royal Malewane and Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge, Vuyatela provides their guests with their own private plunge pool, which I find worthwhile.

In case you're interested, here is a link: http://sabi.krugerpark.co.za/djuma-vuyatela-lodge.html

Best of luck.

Jun 4th, 2003, 12:19 PM
sandi

Jenny - if I recall from your original list you're not looking to be spending big bucks (2800ZAR). And Chitwa Chitwa has two camps, one less expensive than the other (in the 1500ZAR range, I thing I saw). Am I correct in assuming that is the one you selected?

Jun 4th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Hi,

And thank you everyone for your posts.

Sandi,

Yes, they have 2 lodges and we are planning on staying at the Chitwa Chitwa Safari Lodge, which is the less expensive of the 2 lodges. The pictures look beautiful, and the ariel bird's eye view pictures look as though the lodge is truly in the African bush. But I welcome anyone with bad experiences too before I plop down my money for this place.

Jenny
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:27 AM

Jenny,

We had planned to stay at that Chitwa Chitwa lodge in Oct., but the dates they had available had us staying in J'burg one more day then we wanted to, and then flight transfer connection times from J'burg, and then afterwards to get to Port Elizabeth wasted 2 whole days as well.

We decided to stay at Witwater instead. (witwater.com). They do not have elephants and lions, but we will see both of those at Addo and Shotia later on in the trip. It is an easy 2 hr drive from J'burg, and the price is great - 1260 pp/pn for the luxury accomodations. Plus, no malaria.

I hadn't heard of anyone's experiences at Chitwa, so can't help you out there, but it is in a prime game viewing location.

Good luck!

Search this Thread