CCAfrica in India

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 06:21 AM
santharamhari

CCAfrica in India

Hello! New update for CCA camps in India can be found here

www.tajsafaris.com

Hari

P.S: I'm neither a travel agent, nor do i desire to ever be one!!! Just think readers may be interested in Africa-style safaris in India. Personally, I may try them out towards year-end.

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I looked at the map, and I didn't realize that when I was in Khajuraho that I was within easy distance of one of India's national parks. On that trip, I didn't visit any of India's parks, instead visiting Royal Chitwan NP in Nepal (where we saw several rhino, but no tigers).

My trip schedule is booked through end of 2007 (I am just putting finishing details on trip next Summer to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana), but I do expect to get back to India, focusing on south India, in 2008, and I may need to add a visit to one of these parks.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 09:34 AM

Thankyouy so much, Hari - I have bookmarked this site in in "India' folder. I am still waiting to hear what 'date' has been chosen for the wedding - as soon as I know it I will be starting to plan for real! (in case Rajinni is wondering why I haven't contacted her yet)

Happy Sunday!
Lynda
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:26 PM

Hari, I tried to fit this is after Kenya as I have three days in India but I gather that August/September is not a good time to see Tigers.
So will have to do that one later.
Miriam
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:22 PM
santharamhari

Miriam,

Yes, August/Sept may be monsoon time....

I plan to go end November or thereabouts, give the lodge time to settle down after their opening date and iron out whatever wrinkles....also, we may hear from Kavey from her current trip to Bandhavgarh.....so, i plan to wait for her trip report as well.....

Hari