Cape Town in Early April

Mar 6th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Cape Town in Early April

Thanks to the travel forum I now have a good idea of what I plan to do when I go to Cape Town in April. I keep hearing mixed reports about the weather at this time. Will I be able to spend a little time lazing by the pool in the sunshine, or is is it more likely to be too cool or rainy ?
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the info, looks like I will pack a jacket instead of swim shorts !! The weather will still be a lot better than home in Scotland at that time, that's for sure.
Thanks again
Tone
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:51 PM

Hi. I have been to South Africa 3 times and I have always ended up in Cape Town. And I gone in March/April. I think I tried the water on "both sides" of Cape Town and to me it seemed like the water on the west side was a lot cooler than on the east side. The pool at the hotel was pretty cold. The beaches along the Garden Route also had some pretty cold water and I guess it was more or less like taking a swim in the cold water on the beaches outside Stavanger in Norway

Anyway...I have posted a couple of travelogues and pictures from my trips to South Africa on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com. Cape town is a wonderful place.

Regards
Gard
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:13 PM

For Karen,

Where in canada are you from? I live in montreal but visited SA in oct-nov and loved it. Hope to hear from you Patricia
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:54 AM

This is for Patricia,

Born in Montreal, grew up in Lachute but have lived in Halifax/Darmouth and Vancouver and lots of points in between. Love to travel, can't you tell?

Karen

Search this Thread