Camcorder Batteries?

Mar 20th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

Camcorder Batteries?

Hi, maybe someone out there will know. I have the Canon ZR-80. I need to get a long life battery. The on-line store I am looking at has the CANON BATTERY for about 100 dollars. Now, they also have this Lenmar Battery for 40 dollars. Does anyone know if it is ok to use this Lenmar on my Canon? Or using an equivalent and any Camera? Lenmar - Lithium Ion Canon BP-522 Equivalent Canon Camcorder Battery LIC-522
Thanks, David
Mar 20th, 2005, 06:15 AM

David,
I have a Canon ZR70MC and purchased a compatible extended battery which is supposed to be equivalent to the Canon 522 battery. I find it works just fine. I've also used non-branded batteries for my digital still camera for years and they too work just fine.
Mar 20th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Hi, ok thanks huge difference in the price! Where i am staying in Bwindi. There is no power. Maybe at a near by Lodge. But won't count on that.
I'm picking up the 320min Battery. Save it for those 2 days. Then be able to recharge after that.
thanks again.
d
Feb 19th, 2006, 11:42 AM

David,

I am running into this same problem, and I wondered if you could assure me that the Lenmar battery would work on the Canon.

Thanks!
Carrie
Feb 19th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

carrie hi, this is an old post hehe.since then i had bought the after-market long life battery for 40 bucks each.i picked up two of them. needed them for my june trip.
only issue i had was:
i noticed at times this red like lightning bolt show up on the corner of the screen. realized a bit later-the battery lost its connection to the cam. i believe it was from all the shaking and bouncing in the truck. all i did was, pull it off-put in back. thats pretty much it. took them to kenya in oct. taking them again in march.
thx for the reply.
david

Search this Thread