Search

Bushmanskloof

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushmanskloof

Looking at wrapping up a 10 day safari to Botswana and then several nights at the Cape Grace with a few days at Bushmanskloof for mid July. Also considering Le Quartier but we are taken by the potential of seeing different wildlife, birds and vegetation from the pictures of Bushmanskloof. Also it looks relaxing...any one experienced this place who would like to share comments?
Thanks!
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 01:10 PM

Do you have Botswana booked, is whats your itinerary?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 04:37 PM

pinelakemo,

Make sure you take advantage of the great offers at Bushmans Kloof and Le Quartier Francais. Although this may sound blasphemous, Bushmans Kloof has a great offer that combines BK with the Twelve Apostles (which would be in place of the Cape Grace). It is a 5 night package with your choice of where you wish to spend the extra night (3 nights at one place, 2 nights at the other).

RATES:

3-nights Bushmans Kloof/2-nights Twelve Apostles R1148 per person sharing per night (for 5 nights)

2-nights Bushmans Kloof/3-nights Twelve Apostles R1097 per person sharing per night (for 5 nights) = $1,587 total

Valid 1 April 2005 - 31 July 2005

Also, Le Quartier Francais has an excellent offer of 2 nights accomodations, with a 4 course dinner one night, 2 massages and a bottle of wine from one of the local vineyards for only 3000 ZAR total (about $435 or $217.50 pp).

Two nights at Le Quartier with a 4 course dinner in The Tasting Room, 2 massages , breakfast and a bottle of Moreson MCC R3000 (valid from 1 May - 30 September 2005-terms and conditions apply)

Perhaps 2 nights at Le Quartier Francais, followed by 3 nights at Twelve Apostles ending with 2 nights at Bushmans Kloof, since you will likely have a later departure out of Cape Town going back home.

http://www.bushmanskloof.co.za/sp_wavestowilderness.htm

Le Quartier Francais (2) $435
12 Apostles (3) + Bushmans Kloof (2) $1587 total

GRAND TOTAL = $2022 USD, an average of only $289 per night for 5* accomodations and a pretty nice diversity of places.

Looking at your choice in accomodations, you are probably not willing to rough it the same way I am, but if you are open to it, the Atlantic House is a 5* guesthouse (B&B) in Camps Bay that you can stay at for only 1300 ZAR per night, rack rate ($188 per night per room).

http://www.atlantichouse.co.za/
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM

>>any one experienced this place who would like to share comments?

Unfortunately I do not have personal experience with Bushmanskloof but a colleague of mine and his wife went there for part of their honeymoon. They enjoyed it very much.

Don't forgo the oppurtunity to view the San (Bushman) rock paintings. I think they have a San guide who talks you through the paintings (although I'm not 100% sure about this).

Also if you get the oppurtunity to see more of the Cedarberg apart from the Bushmanskloofs property take it - very rugged and beautiful.
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

The Botswana itinerary-
June 29-July 1- Kings Pool
July 2-4 Xigera
July 5-7 Little Mombo
The rest of our time 4 nights at the Cape Grace, 3 at Bushmanskloof and lastly 2 nights at the Le Quartier Francais.

Appreciate all of the specials Rocco. We booked all of this through Ultimate Africa. Will be our 2nd time to Botswana (first trip was Duma Tau, Duba Plains, Mombo, Munchejete Lodge in Chobe and then Vic Falls at an elephant camp).
The first trip was an A+ - can't wait to get back!
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 07:46 AM

I will be at Kings Pool and Mombo about two and a half weeks after you. Have a great time.