Botswana (Okavango) - 4 night safari advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2023, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we're doing a last minute safari in Botswana in early June and we have exactly 4 nights (not flexible). We're considering the following options:

1) 4 nights in the Okavango (Splash/Kwara); or

2) 2 nights in Linyandoi (Lagoon or Leballa) and 2 nights in the Okavango (Splash/Kwara)

We're open to other options, too. We're very interested in experiencing what makes the Okavango special and unique and having some water experiences (mokoro, boat and walking) but we certainly still want to get out of the water and see the traditional safari stuff that everyone likes (predators, kills, etc.). It's hard to say how much water activity we'll want; I've read trip reports where people say they got bored of it quickly because they can't see much. But it seems silly to me to pay super expensive prices for the Okavango and not focus on water when there are plenty of other parks in Africa to do game drives.

Not sure if 2 nights in each of 2 places is better than 4 nights in one place -- in order to spread risk in case we aren't seeing anything at one place. Though, some time is wasted getting from Camp A to Camp B.

I'd appreciate any thoughts! Thank you.
Old Jun 4th, 2023, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not advise only 2 days in any one camp, due to what you know, loss of game viewing due to travel.

Any reason you selected only those options?