Reload this Page >

Bora Cultural Tours or Grand Circle?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 09:43 AM
Barb

Has anyone done a trip with either company? I understand that Bora is suppose to wonderful, but is more expensive. Just wondered if he is worth the extra? Is April or May the best month to go? Thanks for any information.

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 07:57 PM
Al

My wife and I traveled with Grand Circle last year to Eastern Turkey with four extra days in Istanbul. This was our second trip to Turkey, the first was with Globus. We found that Grand Circle delivered an excellent experience -- guides, equipment, itinerary, accommodations, etc. However, we see that GC has discontinued its Eastern Turkey tour -- what a shame. It was most interesting, and we saw places one can only dream about. We have no experience with Bora, although we see his ads. Globus did a superb job, almost as good as GC. Istanbul, Bursa, Ankara, Cappadocia, Konya, Antalya, Pamukkale, Ismir, Troy, Dardanelles, and back. One of the best. We went in May; almost cloudless days all the way. April should be quite the same, although early April could be a bit chilly in the central and eastern parts of Turkey.

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 08:06 PM
Barb

Barb, we visited Turkey in March this year, using General Tours. We had checked on Pacha Tours and Gate 1 and a couple of others. Imagine our surprise when our (wonderful) guide told us he, as an independent guide, worked for all of those companies. The quality of hotels was the same, and we really lucked out with the itinerary and guide. <BR> <BR>We visited Istanbul and the extraordinary Grand Bazaar, then on the Bursa, Cappadocia - I wouldn't want to miss that - and to the coastal city of Antalya, then of course, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Troy and more. I'm sure all these companies are good, but I have traveled with General Tours for many years and have enjoyed very good trips with them. <BR> <BR>Rosemary

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 08:06 PM
Barb

Barb, we visited Turkey in March this year, using General Tours. We had checked on Pacha Tours and Gate 1 and a couple of others. Imagine our surprise when our (wonderful) guide told us he, as an independent guide, worked for all of those companies. The quality of hotels was the same, and we really lucked out with the itinerary and guide. <BR> <BR>We visited Istanbul and the extraordinary Grand Bazaar, then on the Bursa, Cappadocia - I wouldn't want to miss that - and to the coastal city of Antalya, then of course, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Troy and more. I'm sure all these companies are good, but I have traveled with General Tours for many years and have enjoyed very good trips with them. <BR> <BR>Rosemary

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 01:50 PM
Nurhan

Dear Barb, <BR>At the end of April or beginning May or mid September are the best months for visiting Turkey.(For Istanbul or Ephesus <BR>or Cappadocia).I am a professional tour guide living in Turkey so if you need more information please send a email to me. <BR>Nurhan