Anyone ever use go2africa.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering using go2africa.com - their bush and beach safari in kenya, but have not been able to verify if they are a reliable and safe company. the prices are low - but we've been warned to beware of low-priced safaris. Has anyone used them? thanks for any comments.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:21 AM

Have not used go2africa for our trips but suggest you do search on this board and you will find loads of commentary on this and other companies. As one traveler to another you might also consider the type of service, accommodations, etc in regards to price. A low price or budget trip does not necessarily imply a shady company.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:44 AM

I've used go2Africa for my upcoming trip and have been very pleased with the service. My agent, Jeanine, responded to every one of my questions promptly, in detail and candidly, and I've been completely comfortable about dealing with them.

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 10:16 AM

go2africa is a very reputable company but they're based in South Africa and I don't believe they operate their own ground services in Kenya.

In pricing our first safari in Kenya, I didn't find go2africa's quotes to be competitive with that of Kenya based tour operators. I'd get a few comparison quotes from operators in Kenya for the same itinerary.

Check the East Africa trip report index for a list of operators others here have used and recommend - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34725679

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 11:39 AM

I can't speak specifically to the bush and beach safari, but go2africa did a FABULOUS job putting together a custom safari for us in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana. They came in about $1000 per person less than the next competitor and they tailored the trip to exactly what we wanted without trying to talk us into going somewhere else just because they had a deal with the facility. In fact, I insisted that we wanted to stay in Sabi Sands but not break our budget (too much) and our consultant (Rikke Williams) suggested a camp she had never used before, but which fit our criteria. It turned out to be a wonderful place and I told her to add it to her list of places to use in the future. So, based on my experience with them, I would feel very comfortable booking a trip with them. It is correct that they are primarily based in Cape Town, but they also have offices in London and they obviously work with other parts of Africa. Reliable and safe? Absolutely. Enjoy!!
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 03:16 PM

I used go2africa for a south african trip in 2004, and a kenyan trip in Nov. 2005. Mia was our agent and everything was fine for both trips.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM

We are using them for our upcoming trip in Sept to Simbambili, Zambia and Botswana. They have been incredibly helpful, prompt in their replies and so far so good.
Cindy
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 03:58 AM

Here is another suggestion:

We used this company - 2afrika.com.

The price was amazing for what we got. We were at the same places to see and to stay with people from different tours that paid much more!

The company is based in US which makes communication easier. Also, they have been featured in a travel magazine and have had other good recommendations.

I have recommended them to our friends because we were so pleased with this company.
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 04:16 AM

Kellicc:

You should shop around. Although go2africa is very professional, I found other reputable companies much lower priced for the same exact itineraries in planning our August trip to Kenya. We went with Southern Cross but Eastern and Southern as very close as well as U.S. based African Serendipity.

Kevin