Search

Audley Travel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audley Travel

Has anyone used Audley Travel for a trip to South Africa including a safari? We are nervous because unfortunately we have had some trouble with another agency that we trusted for another country and it was a nightmare. We would just appreciate some honest reviews or suggestions for other agencies. Thank you
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 06:17 PM

On our first trip to S Africa over a decade ago, we had every intention of using a tour agency. But as I did more and more research, I realized a private trip arranged by a safari agent was a better way to go. We were able to use the itineraries from the tour cos to decide where we wanted to go, then found an agent through one of the lodges we wanted to stay.

Just be careful. If an agent agrees to work within a reasonable budget, stay within that reasonable budget. Sometimes they will recommend lodges, hotels and transfers that are a bit above budget instead of in budget. The cost can rise a lot without trying much.

Now we just arrange trips on our own. Cape Town is easy, the safari lodges are full service and can arrange your transfers, other destinations are easy. S Africa has an excellent tourism infrastructure and almost anything can be arranged. As long as there aren’t a lot of difficult transfers, charters, etc, it’s not hard. Some lodges require using an agent, others you contact directly or book online.
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 08:13 PM

I wouldnt use Audley for any trip.

Their prices were much higher for India, E Africa, and Vietnam trips in which i considered using travel planners. They contract out the work to local travel people anyway, but take a chunk of the money.
The post above this one is almost certainly a "fake" by a one-time poster. (These big companies have people and computers specifically designed to search for on-linemention of their names.)
For Fodorites' suggestions of agencies/planners, please search this forum for South Africa posts and you'll find recommended trip planners/agents.