Search

Aquaba (looking for info)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aquaba (looking for info)

I saw it yesterday and now i am asking if anyone ever went there

The Gulf of Aqaba has all that beach lovers require: 360 days of sunshine a year, a dry climate with mean air temperatures of 32 degrees C. in summer and 19 degrees C. in winter, a constant, gentle northerly breeze that keeps the air fresh and the water crystal clear, a story-book setting of sandy beaches fringed by palm trees and ringed by mountains that change shades of violet, pink and purple with the setting sun, and one of the richest underwater environments in the world. The Gulf of Aqaba's warm waters boast over 1,000 species of fish, and hundreds of varieties of fringing and fan corals, sea grasses, sponges, invertebrates and other colourful forms of marine life. Not only is the marine life spectacular and the water warm and clear, but most of the finest scuba-diving and snorkeling spots are just a few meters deep, and within 20-50 meters off the sandy beaches.*
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:36 PM
africnow

That's spelt Aqaba - no u
From which side, Jordan or Israel?

Take a look at Ruth's site. Lots of info there: http://www.jordanjubilee.com/

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 02:30 AM

Hi, I live in Jordan and Aqaba is in Jordan not Israel. I've been there many times, it is beautiful...especially if you are a fan of snorkling and diving. a very peaceful place and luxurious five star hotels hotels and also some budget hotels. Good food, and very nice scenery.

Try to go on a tour of these places on your trip:
- Wadi Rum
- Dana
- Aqaba
- Petra
- Dead Sea

If you need any advice, I can try to help as much as possible.

Old Feb 15th, 2007, 07:46 AM

Hello Juji, would it be possible to snorkel in january in Aqaba? We are going to Petra next year but we will only go to Aqaba if the water is warm enough to swim comfortably. Thanks
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
sandi

Aqaba town/city is on the Jordanian side, while Eilat is on the Israeli side -- both on the Gulf of Aqaba.