Anyone ever travel on Israir?

Dec 29th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Anyone ever travel on Israir?

Does anyone have any experience traveling to Israel on Israir or know anything about them (I've Googled all the info I can find, which isn't much)?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!
Dec 30th, 2005, 11:07 AM

We flew them from Tel Aviv to Eilat, and it was totally fine. A friend of mine flew them from NY to Tel Aviv and said it was fine as well. I would fly them again, and would certainly fly them from NY to Israel if the price was right.
Dec 30th, 2005, 05:38 PM

My daughter flew Israir Airlines last summer with a youth group tour to Israel (JFK to Tel Aviv). She compared Israir Air to Jet Blue-minus the TV's on the seat backs. She has flown to Europe a few times on other carriers and has flown Jet Blue a few times in the US- so I think she can give a fair opinion.
Jan 1st, 2006, 07:42 AM

I have flown Israir to Europe. Cheap and adequate charter airline. The food was terrible but compensated by great stand-up comedian flight attendant !!
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for your input. JetBlue without the TVs doesn't sound very encouraging - the entertainment system is the main reason to fly JetBlue, and I've been spoiled by flying mostly on airlines with individual seatback video (really helps make the flight go by faster). Sounds like it's going to be a very, very long flight from NY to Tel Aviv with little entertainment available. Definitely calls for a fully charged ipod and lots of magazines!

Thanks again, I really appreciate the responses. These comments will make me better prepared for the flight!

Search this Thread