Search

Any input on Africa Dreams?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2024, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any input on Africa Dreams?

I am in the planning stages of a Tanzania trip for September 2024. I have contacted a "luxury" travel agent who is pushing Abercrombie and Kent and Micato. I have read some negative reviews about one of them, and the other is waaaay too expensive for me.

I found a site that looks appealing. It is called Africa Dreams or ADS. I am looking for opinions on this company because it is an awful lot of money to put out if they are fly by night or just not good at their jobs. Africa Dreams appears to have been in business for a long time, but looks can be deceiving.

I am looking at the 11 day private Tanzania trip at a cost of $15,000 per person.

Thank you
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 11:33 PM

I am sorry not to know this company but suggest you might search this thread and read some trip reports of posters who took trips with various safari providers. We had a terrific tour in Kenya in 2022 with The Wild Source and I believe they do trips in Tanzania as well. Expert Africa and Access2Tanzania are among other companies I have read good things about on this forum.

I would imagine both Micato and Abercrombie and Kent have great trips but I have believe they are very expensive. It is a good idea to compare trip itineraries and suggestions from several companies to help you narrow down your preferences and budget. Once you have a feel for which company you'd prefer to deal with then focus on fine tuning your plan with them.

Last edited by KTtravel; Jan 17th, 2024 at 11:38 PM.
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 12:55 AM

I have travelled with Africa Dream Safaris twice and may have even posted here about them. I have also travelled with A&K but not recently. I thought ADS was great and you can get a private safari built just for you for less than the big operators. I cannot speak more highly of them. If you want more information or have questions happy to answer..
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 05:18 PM

Abercrombie and Kent and Micato are way too expensive. I traveled last year with EEA ( Ensembles Explores Adventures) a Tanzanian local operator and I found them very appealing and reasonable. They offered 17,000$ for 15 days luxury and the safari was extraordinary. Though I read some negative reviews as well and asked them about it and explained it to me and I was satisfactory, since I was also recommended with another friend who did safari with them. So you can either go with Micato or A&K but I find them expensive. Never heard about Africa Dreams, so can’t say anything about them. Good luck and If you have a chance to do a hot air balloon go for it, it’s worth it.

Originally Posted by Bertgamble
I am in the planning stages of a Tanzania trip for September 2024. I have contacted a "luxury" travel agent who is pushing Abercrombie and Kent and Micato. I have read some negative reviews about one of them, and the other is waaaay too expensive for me.

I found a site that looks appealing. It is called Africa Dreams or ADS. I am looking for opinions on this company because it is an awful lot of money to put out if they are fly by night or just not good at their jobs. Africa Dreams appears to have been in business for a long time, but looks can be deceiving.

I am looking at the 11 day private Tanzania trip at a cost of $15,000 per person.

Thank you