Search

Hotels in Luxor?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 1999, 04:20 AM
barb

Hotels in Luxor?

Any recommendations for hotels in Luxor? We will be in Egypt next October and staying in Luxor about 4 days.

Old Nov 19th, 1999, 05:53 PM
Paula

That is a rather general question - I would need to know what your idea of a hotel is - 5 star, just 8 hours sleep? My favorite in Luxor is Jolie Ville, Crocodile Island which is right in the middle of the Nile. It is a bit distant from the center of town but that increases its charm since you will not be bothered with street noises. It is a resort complex with all sorts of activities and is a "green" island - Movenpick specifically goes out of its way to make the island environmentally friendly.

Old Nov 19th, 1999, 06:08 PM
kathy

I second the recommendation for the Movenpick.

Old Nov 26th, 1999, 09:11 AM
amy

The ST. Joseph Hotel in Louxor is not particularly glamourous or swanky, but is incredibly clean and modern, and the hotel staff is very nice--they also are well connected in terms of tour providers, and they have 2 good restraunts (food really is hard to come by easily in Luxor if you're at all wooried about getting mummy tummy.) The rooftop has a great view and a clean swimming pool,and though the hotel isn't right in the center of town, its only a 10 minuite walk to Luxor Temple. I really recommend it for a very good budget hotel that, while not "charming" --it's more spartan) is a great deal that doesn't feel "budget" at all.

Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
Anubis

My favorite hotel in Luxor is the Sheraton; it's a little remote but in a nice setting, has decent restaurants and offers great value for the money. Have also stayed at the Winter Palace, not worth it in my opinion.