Air Miles

Feb 17th, 2004, 04:49 AM
OSC
Original Poster

Air Miles

I have a significant number of Air Canada frequent flyer points that I would like to exchange for points on SAA. Does anyone know of any on-line companies which offer some kind of point exchange? I contacted the "awardplanner" website that Rocco mentioned, but this company can't switch points between airline alliances.
Feb 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM
sandi

OSC - You cannot switch miles acrued between airline alliances.

Air Canada is in alliance with United; while SAA is in alliance with Delta.

If you wish to travel to Southern Africa and use your Air Canada miles, you'll have to be routed thru partners in the Star Alliance Program and likely have to route with a stop in Europe and then onto Africa.

Feb 17th, 2004, 07:33 PM

To OSC,

You will most likely have to use Luhftansa via Franfurt or Munich to Southern Africa the VERY sad news is that using Star alliance Miles once you book your reservations you cannot change your return dated even for a FEE like most airlines do. That means if you extend your holiday in South Africa you will have to buy a one way ticket home thats what I was told by United Airlines and that is why I am NOT be using Star alliance miles to South Africa I will be using American Airlines connecting with Britsih Airways at London Heathrow and I will never ever fly United again untill they change this rule. Hope this helps.

Feb 18th, 2004, 12:45 PM

There is a website, www.points.com that allows you to transfer miles between certain airlines. The specific ones you are looking for are not available, but it is possible to do it for others.
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:56 PM
LizFrazier

If you haven't tried this yet, you will be surprised that points.com keeps about 2/3s of the points in this transaction. Anything is better than using them. This is how they get the points that they sell for such a huge price.

Search this Thread