Search

abu simbel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 03:47 AM
steve

abu simbel

could some one please tell me the benefits of the flight over the cruise to abu simbel and visa versa and an up to date price on both means of travel to the monument.any other information on this site would be deeply appreciated and any other must see in egypt thanks again.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 08:45 AM
N

Hi <BR>We visited Egypt last year in December, and took the flight to Abu Simbel. I don't know much about the cruise, but the flight was about an hour each way and 120- 150 $, round trip. Book your flight as soon as you reach Egypt, we had a tough time getting tickets. they were all sold out. Buying them from the US is more expensive. <BR>Abu Simbel is beautiful and a definite must-see. The other things that were the highlights of our trip, were a donkey ride into the valley of Kings and a cruise up the Nile. <BR>Enjoy, Egypt is beautiful. <BR>N

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 07:05 AM
gail

Comparison of cruise versus air will be difficult as I would imagine most people do the trip once, so they have only used one means of transportation. We flew as an "add-on" to a package tour of Egypt. I know that some people at the airport thought they would be able to book tickets for a day or two hence and were disappointed. The air trip is a package unto itself, with or without a tour company involved. You disembark the plane almost directly to bus that takes you to Abu Simbel. You have a return time arranged when you buy RT ticket. Whichever way you go, don't miss Abu Simbel. I see it as both an ancient and modern miracle - that it was ever built and then moved is incredible. That said, a few hours there was enough, so I am glad we opted for the air trip. (PS - We went in April and I thought Abu Simbel was the hottest I had ever been in my life until a few days later when we went to the Valley of the Kings! Bring/buy/drink lots of water)

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 08:53 PM
LEANNA

Oh Gail...such a chuckly I got from your note. I was in Abu Simbel and V of the K in late April and it was indeed hot. And I live in hot deserty Calif!!! But I took some of my drinking water and poured it over my head...right there in front of the 4 Ramses!!! That did help a bit!! How DO people go there in July???? Also loved your comment about AS being both and old and a new miracle....it most certainly is!!

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 08:04 AM
dave chai

My wife and I were there 3 weeks ago, it was one of the best places we visited Egypt, we went Cairo, Alex, Nile crusier from Luxor to Aswan, Sina....if you are tight on schedule, take the plane, you can buy ticket at any Egypt Airline office, $71/each including tax, they fly you there from Aswan and provide the bus to the site, one recommendation is staying a little longer after all the other tourists head back, you can really enjoy it by yourself. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:42 AM
Vixabs

If you do take the flight to Abu Simbel, remember to grab a window seat on the left side of the plane (they usually have free seating). Apart from panaromic views of Lake Nasser, you will get a splendid aerial view of the Abu Simbel temple complex. You could check out our webpages for more details: <BR>http://home.talkcity.com/passportpl/...t_sitemap1.htm