48 hours to go

Mar 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM
vr
Original Poster

48 hours to go

I have been a secret lurker on this forum--and now am an addict. Thankyou everyone, Rocco, Selwyn, sandi, kavey, bat--your tips have been invaluable in planning our trip. 48 hours before we leave--be still my beating heart! This is our second trip to SA, 6th. to Africa. We fly into Cape Town and drive up to Franschoek, staying 2 days at Le Quartier Francais; then 2 days at Cape Grace (12 Apostles not available) before taking the Rovos to Pretoria.A day in Joburg (Hyatt--using points) to recoup from the strenous journey ! _We then fly to Simbambili for 4 days--we stayed in Mala Mala last time but have grossly opted for luxury over game viewing--on Roccos head be it. A day again in Joburg then back home--sigh..So off we go, kitted out in Rocco vests (at least, my husband is!) --so thanks again.P.S. already planning a trip in august for the migration, but haven't dared to tell my poor husband!
Mar 4th, 2006, 08:23 PM

vr:

have a nice trip. please report on your return.
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:11 AM

You'll love both Le Quartier Francais and the Cape Grace. We stayed at both places a few year ago and I would go back in a heartbeat! Have a great trip.
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:13 AM

Hello,

Hope you have a great trip -- make sure you eat at least one dinner at LQF! I look forward to reading your trip report.

Simbambili has great game viewing according to reports here, so you may find that your sacricice was not really a sacrifice at all!

Cheers,
Julian
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM

All and any help given most selfishly - because those of us who have no trip currently booked can at least live vicariously through the trip reports of those who are fortunate enough to have a trip on!

Have a GREAT trip and can't wait to hear all about it!
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:59 AM
bat

Have a great trip--looking forward to your report.

Search this Thread