- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Catedral Metropolitana de Caracas
Catedral Metropolitana de Caracas Review
With its original facade unaltered since it was built at the end of the 17th century, the Metropolitan Cathedral towers over Plaza Bolívar. The main altar is a magnificent Baroque creation gilded with more than 300 pounds of gold leaf. Don't miss the Bolívar family chapel on the right-hand side.
- Address: Plaza Bolívar, El Centro, Caracas
- Phone: 0212/862–1518
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 8–1 and 3–6
- Metro Capitolio.
- Location: El Centro
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I spent 2 nights in Posada La Casita at Ciudad Bolivar : basic bungalow with a lot of mosquitos and i was bitten seriously each night despite the repellent sprayed in the room and on my body. Read more