- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Otro Peñoncito
El Otro Peñoncito Review
Three generations have had a hand in this family business, one of the oldest and most respected restaurants in Ica. Dishing up traditional Peruvian cuisine and the self-proclaimed best pisco sours around, this classic spot is a welcome change from the usual fried chicken and rice joints on every other corner. Local specialties include the pollo a la Iqueña (chicken in a rich pecan, pisco, and spinach sauce) and the traditional papas a la huancaina (potatoes with cheese sauce). Owner Hary Hernandez says he won't accept credit cards, although precious stones, gold, and silver are fine. Art by Iqueño artists adorns the walls.
- Address: Bolívar 255, Ica
- Phone: 056/233-921
- Location: Ica
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more