- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gran Hostal la Portada
At a Glance
- great location
- piping hot water
- friendly service
- building lacks charm
Gran Hostal la Portada Review
This relatively new hotel fills a much needed gap in Huancavelica, providing travelers with a clean bed, hot shower, and friendly service at a bargain price. That it does all this while being one block from the plaza makes up for the fact that the building lacks the charm of some of the pricier properties in the area. The rooms have Wi-Fi, and the owners can arrange tours of the outlying villages for intrepid travellers.Be sure to book in advance around Semana Santa (Easter) and Fiestas Patrias (July 28th).
- Address: Toledo 252, Huancavelica
- Phone: 067/451-050
- Location: Huancavelica
- 31 rooms, 13 with private bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I would really appreciate opinions on the hike of Huayna Picchu vs Machu Picchu Mountain (the old peak - not the citadel, not the sun gate).
In my research I'm getting conflicting info.
Everyone Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more