- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Qunuq Restaurant Review
A must experience for foodies, the culinary offerings by Sumaq Hotel's restaurant can easily hold their own against anything the finest restaurants in Lima dish out. As with many of the top gastronomic choices in Peru, the menu features a fusion of flavors giving European dishes like ravioli an Andean slant by stuffing them with aji de gallina as well as infusing traditional Peruvian fare with international flair. The cebiche has to be among the best in the country. Other stand out choices include alpaca carpaccio and a melt in your mouth lamb. You'll want to make sure to save room for one of the dessert choices as well. Bear in mind that the room rates at the hotel include lunch or dinner so the restaurant can get a bit packed with groups and it's worth making reservations.
- Address: Av. Hermanos Ayar Mz. 1, L-3, Aguas Calientes
- Phone: 084/211–059
- Location: Aguas Calientes
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historia... Read more
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions.... Read more