- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- many amenities
- great restaurant with breakfast and lunch or dinner included
- cooking class and tea time included
- fantastic service
- luxury costs
Check Rates from our Partners
Sumaq Hotel Review
The only five-star offering in Aguas Calientes, this large hotel sits at the edge of town alongside the Vilcanota River and offers all the amenities and high level of service you would expect. Upscale and comfortable, it features huge rooms, all with wood-beam ceilings, TVs, excellent mattresses, and some with jacuzzi tubs. Add to this an elegant restaurant with Peruvian fusion cuisine that can easily stand up to the best Lima has to offer and excellent service with a smile. Sumaq means "beautiful" in Quechua, and the name is apt. Renovations are planned to begin in 2013 to enhance the elegance of the common areas and rooms, as well as the spa. The work will proceed in stages to avoid disturbing guests. Prices include a breakfast buffet and lunch or dinner. Also included is a cooking class where guests can learn to make a signature dish and cocktail such as cebiche and the famous pisco sour. Looking for an extra special way to connect with the ancient culture of Peru? Ask about arranging a traditional Andean wedding or a despacho, an ancient ritual to honor the earth (Pachamama).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historia ... Read more
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions.... Read more