- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casa Solariega de Aliaga
Casa Solariega de Aliaga Review
Lima's oldest house, commonly known as Casa Aliaga, is a beautiful example of Spanish Colonial architecture a block from the Plaza de Armas. It was built by Jeronimo de Aliaga, one of Pizarro's officers, in 1536. His descendents lived in it for centuries, restoring it following an earthquake in 1746. Its rooms are furnished with antiques, and its walls decorated with historic paintings and colonial religious art. You must make a reservation to visit the house, so most travelers see it as part of a city tour.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more