- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Correo Central Review
Inaugurated in 1924, this regal structure looks more like a palace than a post office. You can buy a postcard or send a package, but most people come to admire the exuberance of an era when no one thought twice about placing bronze angels atop a civic building. At one time locals deposited letters in the mouth of the bronze lion by the front doors. About half of the building is given over to two museums: the Casa de la Gastronomía Peruana, dedicated to the country's culinary traditions, and the Museo Postal y Filatélico, which displays its stamps. The museum entrance is on Jirón Conde Superunda, whereas the post office entrance is on Jirón Camana.
- Address: Jr. Camana 157, El Centro, Lima, 01
- Phone: 1/427–9370
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 8–5, Sun. 9–1. Museums Tue.–Sun. 9–5
- Location: El Centro
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more