- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Las Mesitas Review
Filled with a dozen or so marble-topped tables, this small, old-fashioned café is half a block north of Parque Municipal. The constant stream of Limeños are drawn by the traditional recipies and reasonable prices. Share a few humitas, steamed tamales that you season with pickled onions and bright yellow ají hot sauce, or try the local specialty, pescado a la chorrillana (fish in a tomato, onion and hot pepper sauce), or arroz con pato (a rice and duck dish seasoned with beer). If the floor's pinwheel design doesn't put you off balance, then the spinning dessert display certainly will. Try the manjar de lucuma, a pudding made from a native fruit, or mazamorra morada, a pudding with prunes and blue corn juice.
- Address: Av. Grau 341, Barranco, Lima, 04
- Phone: 1/477–4199
- Location: Barranco
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Hello, plans continue for our retirement trip to S.A.
Leaving September 20 and heading back 3-4 months later.
We fly into Lima and wonder if we should stay in Lima for our week of Spanish lessons o Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more