Shopping in Quito
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Quito's best shopping area is the New City's Mariscal district. Bounded by Avenidas Amazonas, 6 de Diciembre, Patria, and Colón, the neighborhood is a tightly packed collection of shops and boutiques. Items are reasonably priced, though they don't rival the outlying markets for bargains and color. The quality, however, is often superior. Many stores throughout Quito are closed Saturday afternoon and Sunday, but most shopping malls are open all week.
Look for brightly painted balsa-wood birds made in El Oriente and cedar carvings from highland villages. Wool and cotton sweaters, shawls, and tapestries vary in quality and price, as do leather goods.
Browse Quito Shopping
Browse Quito Shopping By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $163 -- Ecuador: Upscale Quito Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Quito
- $1399 -- Ecuador: 7 Nts. w/Air & Amazon Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $1282 & up -- Ecuador: 5-Nt. Amazon Rain Forest Tour w/Air — $1,282 LatinEscapes.com
- $2118 & up -- Galapagos Islands Escape w/Tours & Breakfast — $2,118 LatinEscapes.com