When to Go
When to Go
Chile's seasons are the reverse of the Northern Hemisphere's—that is, June through August are Chile's winter months. If you were to move Chile out of its place on the globe and transfer it to corresponding latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere, you would have a nation stretching from Cancún to Hudson Bay. In other words, expect vast north-to-south climatic differences.
Tourism peaks during the hot summer months of January and February, except in Santiago, which tends to empty as most Santiaguinos take their summer holiday.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
- Alluring South America IExplore
- Chile Experience — $4,089 IExplore
- Breathtaking Patagonia — $7,995 IExplore