When to Go
When to Go
Chile's seasons are the reverse of the Northern Hemisphere's—that is, June through August are Chile's winter months. If you were to move Chile out of its place on the globe and transfer it to corresponding latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere, you would have a nation stretching from Cancún to Hudson Bay. In other words, expect vast north-to-south climatic differences.
Tourism peaks during the hot summer months of January and February, except in Santiago, which tends to empty as most Santiaguinos take their summer holiday.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe