The vast majority of visitors to Chile never experience a problem with crime. Violence is a rarity; far more common are pickpocketing or thefts from purses, backpacks, or rental cars. Women should be particularly careful about walking alone at night in both large cities and small towns. Catcalls are common but harmless.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's