Castillo San Sebastián de la Cruz
Castillo San Sebastián de la Cruz Review
Across the estuary from the Fuerte de Niebla is this 1645 fort, which is large and well preserved. In the January through February summer season, historic reenactments of Spanish military maneuvers take place daily at 4 and 6. To get there, you will need to rent a small boat, which costs only about 700 pesos at the marina near Fuerte de Niebla.
- Address: 1 km (½ mi) north of Corral, Valdivia
- Phone: 63/471–828
- Cost: 1,000 pesos
- Hours: Jan. and Feb., Tues.–Sun. 10–7; Mar.–Dec., Tues.–Sun. 11–6. Closed on Mon.
- Location: Valdivia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's