Santiago Travel Guide
Plan Your Santiago Vacation
When it was founded by Spanish conquistador Pedro de Valdivia in 1541, Santiago was little more than the triangular patch of land embraced by two arms of the Río Mapocho. Today the area of the original municipality is known as Santiago Centro, and is just one of 32 comunas (districts)—each with its own distinct personality—that make up the city.
Santiago's accommodations range from luxurious hoteles to comfortable residenciales, which can be homey bed-and-breakfasts or simple... read more
Menus cover the bases of international cuisines, but don't miss the local bounty—seafood delivered directly from the... read more
Things To Do in Santiago
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My daughter and I decided to visit my grandson’s girlfriend, studying at a university in Valparaiso, Chile. I spent almost three mon... Read more
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! I posted it on TA, however I never pos... Read more