- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
After crossing the Golfo de Ancud on the morning ferry on your first day, drive south to Ancud. Soak up the port town's atmosphere that afternoon. Head to Dalcahue the next day; if it's Sunday you can wander among the stalls of the morning market. Take the short ferry ride to Isla Quinchao and visit the colorful church of Santa María de Loreto. Back on Isla Grande, head to Castro. Spend the next day visiting the capital's historical and modern-art museums and the lovely church. The following day, head south to Chonchi, known to locals as the "City of Three Stories." From there it's a rough but doable drive to the sparsely populated Pacific coast to visit the Parque Nacional Chiloé, where you can enjoy one of the short hikes through the forest. On your last day head to Chiloé's southernmost town, Quellón.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's