The Amazon Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Rain Forest: Experience the largest tropical forest in the world and one of the wildest places on the planet.
The River: Explore the largest river in the world (by volume) and the second-longest, spanning more distance than the continental U.S.; the Amazon is also the earth's biggest freshwater ecosystem, and home to more fish than the Atlantic Ocean.
Exotic Foods: Dig into water-buffalo steak, duck in manioc sauce (pato no tucupi), fried piranha, and other river fish with exotic Indian names such as tucunaré and pirarucú.
Handicrafts: Shop for traditional indigenous crafts, such as wood-crafted and woven items, bows, arrows, blowguns, and jewelry and headdresses of seeds and feathers.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's