São Paulo Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Shopping for Essentials
Most Avenida Paulista newsstands sell major U.S. and European papers as well as magazines and paperbacks in English.
Fnac. Fnac sells maps and English-language books, magazines, and newspapers. Praça dos Amaguás, 34, Pinheiros, São Paulo, 05419-020. 011/3579-2000. www.fnac.com.br.
Livraria Cultura. Livraria Cultura has a great selection of maps, and São Paulo's best selection of travel literature. Av. Paulista 2073, Jardins, São Paulo, 01311-940. 011/3170-4033. www.livrariacultura.com.br. Metrô: Consolação.
Livraria Saraiva. Livraria Saraiva has maps and English-language newspapers and books. Shopping Ibirapuera, Av. Ibirapuera 3103, Moema, São Paulo, 04029-200. 011/5561-7290. www.livrariasaraiva.com.br. Shopping Iguatemi, Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima 2232, Jardim Paulista, 01451-000. 011/3031-7093. Shopping Morumbi, Av. Roque Petroni Jr. 1089, Morumbi, 04707-000. 011/5181-7574.
Laselva. Laselva usually receives magazines from abroad earlier than other bookstores. Shopping Iguatemi, Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 2232, São Paulo, 04029-200. 011/9460-3802.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes