- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Parque Nacional Chapada Diamantina
The Chapada Diamantina (Diamond Highlands) in Central Bahia was once famous for its precious gems, but it's now recognized as one of the country's best spots for ecotourism. In this chain of mountain ranges with an average altitude of 3,000 feet you'll find historic mining towns, rivers, and creeks with natural pools and waterfalls, and the largest number of caves in any part of Brazil.
Parque Nacional Chapada Diamantina at a Glance
Elsewhere in Salvador and the Bahia Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's