- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Brazil 2014
Pousada do Mondego
At a Glance
- good mix of modern amenities (marble bathrooms, TVs) and 18th-century charm
- low ceilings in some areas may annoy tall guests
Check Rates from our Partners
Pousada do Mondego Review
This intimate hotel in a 1747 merchant's mansion sits next to the Igreja de São Francisco de Assis and opposite the soapstone market. Among the place's many charms are its period furnishings, gorgeous veranda and dining room (where an exceptional Minas breakfast is served), and the one-hour city tours given in a 1930s minibus. Expect the same modern conveniences you'd get at a high-class hotel.
- Address: Largo de Coimbra 38, Centro, Ouro Preto, 35400–000 | Map It
- Phone: 031/3551–2040; 021/2287–1592 Ext. 601 reservations in Rio
- Website: www.roteirosdecharme.com.br/hotel.php?hotel=6
- Location: Ouro Preto
- 24 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Known for the curative properties of their natural springs, a collection of mineral-spa towns in southe ... Read more