- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pousada do Mondego
At a Glance
- good mix of modern amenities (marble bathrooms, TVs) and 18th-century charm
- low ceilings in some areas may annoy tall guests
Pousada do Mondego Review
This intimate hotel in a 1747 merchant's mansion sits next to the Igreja de São Francisco de Assis and opposite the soapstone market. Among the place's many charms are its period furnishings, gorgeous veranda and dining room (where an exceptional Minas breakfast is served), and the one-hour city tours given in a 1930s minibus. Expect the same modern conveniences you'd get at a high-class hotel.
- Address: Largo de Coimbra 38, Centro, Ouro Preto, 35400–000 | Map It
- Phone: 031/3551–2040; 021/2287–1592 Ext. 601 reservations in Rio
- Website: www.roteirosdecharme.com.br/hotel.php?hotel=6
- Location: Ouro Preto
- 24 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. Read more
· News & Features
Known for the curative properties of their natural springs, a collection of mineral-spa towns in southe... Read more