- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel de Sal
At a Glance
- modern facilities
- staggering location
- serious commitment to the community
- you need a car to get here
- cold at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel de Sal Review
This newer hotel and community project is in Tahua, a small village right on the edge of the northern side of the flats under the volcano Thunupa. It's more upscale than other hotels in the region, as reflected in the locally crafted furniture, arty design, and, impressively, Wi-Fi. An extension of its natural environment, the hotel has stone floors and walls made of salt blocks. Most rooms have views of the surrounding dessert. It also has the great advantage of being at the end of the new road from La Paz and 20 minutes from the Isla del Pescado, meaning you can avoid Uyuni entirely.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more