- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel de Sal
At a Glance
- modern facilities
- staggering location
- serious commitment to the community
- you need a car to get here
- cold at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel de Sal Review
This newer hotel and community project is in Tahua, a small village right on the edge of the northern side of the flats under the volcano Thunupa. It's more upscale than other hotels in the region, as reflected in the locally crafted furniture, arty design, and, impressively, Wi-Fi. An extension of its natural environment, the hotel has stone floors and walls made of salt blocks. Most rooms have views of the surrounding dessert. It also has the great advantage of being at the end of the new road from La Paz and 20 minutes from the Isla del Pescado, meaning you can avoid Uyuni entirely.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more