January through March is summer holiday season for Argentines. Winter holidays fall toward the end of July and beginning of August.
Año Nuevo (New Year's Day), January 1. Día Nacional de la Memoria por la Verdad y la Justicia (National Memory Day for Truth and Justice; commemoration of the start of the 1976–82 dictatorship), March 24. Día del Veterano y de los Caídos en la Guerra de Malvinas (Malvinas Veterans' Day), April 2. Semana Santa (Easter Week), March or April. Día del Trabajador (Labor Day), May 1. Primer Gobierno Patrio (First National Government, Anniversary of the 1810 Revolution), May 25. Día de la Bandera (Flag Day), June 20. Día de la Independencia (Independence Day), July 9. Paso a la Inmortalidad del General José de San Martín (Anniversary of General José de San Martín's Death), August 17. Día de la Diversidad Cultural Americana (Pan-American Cultural Diversity Day, formerly European Arrival in America), October 12. Inmaculada Concepción de María (Immaculate Conception), December 8. Christmas, December 25.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe