- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
Viejos Tiempos Review
Teahouses abound in this area, but none have more tranquil surroundings than this one, which sits in a beautifully kept garden. In summer hummingbirds hover over the flowers, while tea and cakes are served at heavy wooden tables set with floral-patterned china. Inside, the chintz-and-lace drapes and cloying red cloths look like something your great-grandma would love, but at least the open fireplace keeps things toasty in winter. After years of making some of the best cakes in town, Viejos Tiempos has added (bizarrely) Mexican dishes to the menu, but it's the sweets that remain the main draw here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more